Loose Ring bolts

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Loose Ring bolts
From: "barbara laifman" <barbaralaifman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:47:46 -0800
I know this is late in coming.  I am now only on the digest at home, and
only when I get time at home.  Too bad my office messes it up somehow.

Anyway, on my ring bolts, none were loose by hand, as many have reported.
None of the washers were remotely loose (as would be suggested if they
thinned out).  And, the bolts would not budge with some hefty pressure on
the wrench.

I do not doubt the experience of Jim or Dick.  In fact, I trust them
completely.  All I was saying is that mine were not remotely loose and given
that, I wasn't going to mess with them.  Maybe Rootes had a batch of good
lock washers by mistake when mine was assembled!

Jay