Re: Battery Box on eBay

To: "chuck nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>,
Subject: Re: Battery Box on eBay
From: "Vic Hughes" <v.hughes@austarmetro.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:24:46 +1000
Chuck,

Different folk have different skills.  Even though I do all my own
mechanical work I, for one, could not make a battery box that would meet my
own aesthetic needs.  No, not even a simple square box.  I just do not have
the spatial skills. It would somehow turn out too small or large, or round
instead of square, even tho I measured 3 times.

This is why I entrusted my car to a panel shop for its body repairs and
painting.  I'm thrilled with the results.......(pic attached).  However, I
have found that panel beaters, spatially skilled as they are, lack other
skills.  Notably, judgement of time (ie temporal skills).  Thus my panel
beater took 5 times as long as he promised too actually finish it.  Seems he
lacked financial skills too as he has since gone broke....

Moral:  Never, ever, tell a panel shop  "there's no great hurry".

Cheers and a brown bubbly

Vic