Carb Synchro

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Synchro
From: The Lees <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 23:40:46 -0600
So I invested in a Unisyn and after the usual first timer blues finally got the
red indicator in the middle of the tube for both carbs. I thought my troubles
were over but the ghost of Harvey Rootes won't leave me alone.Regardless of how
I tinker with the coupling/clamping bolt ,when I pull on the throtle lever to
increase the RPM the air valve piston on the front carb always lifts before the
rear piston. Ergo, the throttles aren't really synchronized. The throttle lever
is directly connected to the front throttle so the problem is really how to
eliminate/compensate/eradicate the slop in the coupling to the rear one. And
speaking of ghosts, when I tighten the throttle clamping bolt, the RPM's
increase  2 to 3 hundred.. Go figure. Somedody out there has come up with a
common sense solution to this problem. But then again I don't really believe in
common sense. If sense were common everybody would have it.
John Lee
Still toying with my son,s SV B395000793LRX