Re: Re: Bond Car Colors

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Bond Car Colors
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:23:39 -0400
Just curious, are we sure there was there only one Bond
Alpine?  Sounds like the car Ian mentioned is likely the one
used on location. However, most of the cheesy chase scene of
the Alpine having a tough time out running a hearse on a
mountain road (ouch) had to be a studio shot.  It looked like
Connery being bounced around in an Alpine (or just an Alpine
cowl/wind-screen mock-up) by some stage hands in front of a
green-screen.   Is it possible that there was a second Alpine
in London, LA, or wherever the studios used for Dr. No were
located?

Regards,  Bob Douglas

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Ian Spencer (SpenceIC@Healthall.com)
wrote:

> OK... here's what we know about the Bond Alpine to date.
>
> The car was leased from a local woman for the film shoot.
Therefore,
> the director would not have repainted it.
>
> The car was a Lake Blue S2.  It has tall door posts and lake
blue
> interior.
>
> We are 90% sure that car has been found... It was recently
purchased in
> Jamaica in the same town that the film footage was taken for
the movie.
> The owner is working on tracing the registration plate number
back to
> the original owner. Once he gets the registration plate
number from the