Re: [Re: Too Hot!!]

To: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Too Hot!!]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 22:34:54 -0400
I have this problem with both my Minx and my Avenger (ex Cricket).  They would
run fine at lower speeds but eventually you would reach a speed where the
temperature would begin to ever so slowly climb.  Slowing down slightly would
solve it. The Minx would creep along all day in a July 4th Parade and the temp
would never get above "normal", but 60-65 MPH was as fast it would go without
gradually overheating.  I had this problem back 35 years ago with a '59 Minx I
owned.  I attribute it to not enough radiator..... and an aging colling
system.

My solution is going to be an auxillary radiator somewhere to add cooling
capability.

Jan Eyerman
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible
1973 Hillman Avenger DL

jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com> wrote:
Rob
        Try taking out your thermostat and see if it runs cool. It should run
colder without it. Also, try your old thermostat and see what happens.
Jan
--