Re: [Vehicles owned (Rootes)]

To: jan.eyerman@usa.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vehicles owned (Rootes)]
From: RockStar30cars@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 03:13:22 EDT
I did own a Hillman Super Snipe for about a year it was a rust bucket that
was trying to be set up with a 350 Chevy. I also owned an Alpine from
Minnesota, funny thing about that car. In 1983 I purchased this car in North
Carolina when I first talked to Curt Meinel for parts, it had a lot of rust
that had been repaired by sheet metal. The engine had lots of power when you
pushed the linkage but the owner (Something to do with Marine Corps
Helicopters) said it sounds okay but it only goes 35mph only cost me $150.00.
I took it home and played with it, turned out a strip of sheet metal had been
riveted under the trottle pedal not allowing full trottle. With a little
adjustment with a hammer speed was about 90+mph. I was in the Marines then
and was sent to Japan I left the car at my Grandfathers my Cousin thought it
was junk and had it hauled away. I forgave her but don't leave any cars over
there.

Alvin (TopDogRover)