Re: questions about restoring an Alpine

To: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>,
Subject: Re: questions about restoring an Alpine
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:24:16 -0700
I have 14" wire wheels on my Alpine and have had no problems, other than the
fact wire wheels suck something fierce. Splines wear out. Spokes break. They
get out of true. They develop leaks and are a pain in the ass to fix the
flat because most of the grease monkeys who repair tires insist on trapping
the inner tube on the metal bar that breaks the tire from the rim and
ripping the tube to shreads. People have told me you can only a few threads
on the spinners to engage, but I think you only lack one. If you insist on
using wires, use the 14" MGB wheels. Perhaps you want mine once the new
tires wear out and I switch to the sensible rimse.g. Minilites or LAT-70
wheels? Lou