Alpine models

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alpine models
From: "Rick Harrison" <beamertwo@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:25:39 +1100
Listers,

Some recent comments about model Alpines jogged my memory about a discovery
I made a while ago that might interest some of you. A year or so ago I took
the family to Warragamba Dam for a picnic.(Warragamba supplies a
considerable portion of the water for the Sydney area.) While we were there
we took a look at the visitors centre where they have a scale model of the
dam. The model includes the dam itself and the surrounding area - roads,
carparks complete with model cars and ... you guessed it ... Sunbeam Alpines
and other Rootes vehicles are there in abundance! The models are "Matchbox"
size Series IVs or Vs complete with hardtops and are, I think, actually
"Husky" brand models. I don't know whether it was a Rootes enthusiast who
set up the model of the dam or if the local Toy shop had an oversupply when
they set the whole thing up. If I remember rightly, there must have been 20
- 30 Alpines alone, then some Minxs and others. Take a look if you're ever
nearby.

Rick Harrison