Re: Overdrive installation

To: bwana@c2i2.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive installation
From: "Vladimir Broz" <svalpine@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:24:28 -0500
Last year I installed my OD by:

1. using a trolley jack under the TX
2. looping a rope around the joint between the OD and TX
3. running the loop through the top of the TX cover and, in the cabin,
pushing a breaker bar through the loop.  Bar must be long enough to straddle
opening.
4.  simply twist the bar and rope until you get the desired height and angle
for an easy mating with the engine, then rest the bar on the edge of the
opening. A clutch alignment adaptor made it easy.

My brother and I, both total neophytes in things mechanical, did this in one
hour with no strain on our aging muscles.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Vlad
1966 SV 395005683