E-Brake color

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: E-Brake color
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:40:36 EST
Most all the Alpines I have been exposed to (talking series 3-5) have had
"Black" emergency brake handles.  I have also heard of a couple "brown" ones.
 My series 3 GT has a "medium gray," kind of a silver hammer (fine).

Anyone have a clue as to the consistency of these.  Or was it just a matter
of what the manufacturer was sending Rootes at the time.  I took mine up to
my powder coaters today with the idea I was going to paint it wrinkle black,
then I hesitated and asked him to wait till I called him.  Another note:  The
plastic button on mine is also a silver colored plastic rather than black.

I know this sounds trivial but I have fun with this stuff.

Paul
Colorado