Re: Gear Ratios

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear Ratios
From: TLKSRHOME@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:25:03 EST
 I ,too run a 3.89 gear in the rear with my 68 Alpine w/OD and the freeway
speeds are great! I had to re-adjust my clutch-use on take -off to keep from
stalling after getting used to the 4.22 gears,but I really prefer my present
combo.I also have a full synchro OD in my S3 GT with 3.89 rear-end.I haven't
driven the S3 yet but I can't wait! The last of many coats of paint went on
quite well this evening and after a quick wet-sand/clear coat I can put it
back together soon.
       Kevin Rodgers PTC