Re: [RE: Lotus Sunbeam]

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Subject: Re: [RE: Lotus Sunbeam]
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:10:56 +1100
Jim

But you wouldn't want to take on one of the old (1982-1986) Group B Rally
cars...  Quote from a website  ...

"For instance, the Lancia Delta S4 could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.3
seconds on a gravel road. Henri Toivonen drove an S4 around Estoril, the
Portuguese Grand Prix circuit, so quickly that he would have qualified sixth for
the 1986 Portuguese Grand Prix.               Nigel Mansell sampled a Peugeot
205 T16 and said it could out-accelerate his F1 car."

Check out the photos at this site, in particular scroll down to the last photo
in the Lancia section

http://www.stormloader.com/groupb/gallery.html

Cheers

Vic