Re: [Re: Lotus Sunbeam]

To: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [Re: Lotus Sunbeam]
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:45:51 +1100
Jan

Hmmmm....  1970 world rally championship won by Porsche 911, 1971 by
Alpine-Renault, 1972 by Lancia, 1973 by Alpine-Renault.  I was into rallying in
the early 1970s and these were the cars I remember as worlds best.  With
respect,
you would have to do some mighty work to an Avenger to make it competitive with
purpose built rally cars like the Alpines....

The 1981 World rally champ was the Sunbeam Lotus  (1980 was Fiat Abarth, 1982
was
Audi Quattro).  Lots of Info on world rally championships at this site....

http://www.rallycars.com/

Incidentally, have you heard of the Chrysler BRM engine as fitted to Avengers?
Check out this page.....

http://www.westhouse.demon.co.uk/brm1.htm

Cheers

Vic