Re: Presure relief valve modification>>>>>>>

To: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>,
Subject: Re: Presure relief valve modification>>>>>>>
From: JRS <frodo4@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:14:56 -0700
Yes your pressure is low.  The relief valve has nohing to do with the 15 at
idle. It is a relief  valve meaning that it releases excess pressure from
the system. If your system cannot even come up to the release pressure then
you have a problem elsewhere.

Yes, I have modded the valve - used the steel one, added washer shims
behind the spring (it's guess work but 1 will probably do). Now the release
pressure is about 55 lbs. It gets up to about 65 when cold as the oil it
thick.

John

;At 01:59 AM 8/22/01 -0400,