Re: Relief Valves

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Relief Valves
From: JRS <frodo4@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:22:22 -0700
If memory serves - the brass one was the one that sticks. The threads are
at the hex end, the idea being that the end fits into the body of the oil
filter assy with pretty close tolerences. This means that any distortion
can cause it to bind and the whole valve body (tube) will distort enough to
cause the valve to stick.

The steel one has its threads an the end rather like a bolt and it much
heavier. and will not distort.

John