Re: Looking for owner of an Alpine for wheel and tiredimensions

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for owner of an Alpine for wheel and tiredimensions
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:57:46 EDT
Vic,
    The track was even on all Rootes cars until disc brakes were introduced.
Drum and disc brake crossmembers, a-arms, and other components are identical.
 If you look closely at the clearances, I think you will agree the change in
front track was by necessity and not by design: I have been surprised twice
by spontaneous snap-spins on the street in two different Series 5 Alpines,
caused by the very soft (original) rear spring rate and the narrow rear
track.  I doubt this would happen with an even track or wider tires on the
rear.
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle