RE: Roller Lifters

To: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>,
Subject: RE: Roller Lifters
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:40:31 -0700
Tom wrote,

We thought you were. (just kidding)

If you want to do this, I think the toughest and most expensive part
would be for the tooling of the extrusion.  This would be in the relative
shape of our rockers, but in a long extruded rod.  Each rocker would
then be CNC machined from a piece cut from the extruded rod, and add
a hardened roller tip, a timken bearing for the shaft, and perhaps
a hard anodized finish and you have a set of $2000 roller rockers.

If anyone wants to take on this project, I could help with rough drawings
and dimensional measurments.  Still you are talking about significant
tooling costs, machining time and material processing.

Jarrid Gross