Life is now complete...

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Life is now complete...
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 16:56:37 -0400
Well... Steve's race car arrived safely today for the big event. It
arrived in a 58' fully enclosed car transporter, so we had to have it
unloaded in town because there would be no place for him to turn around
at the house. This meant I HAD to drive the race car 2 miles to the
house! It just goes to show that you'd better be careful what you wish
for... you might just get it! I never dreamt I would one day get the
opportunity to drive that car. What an amazing find! Steve sure is a
lucky dog for finding that thing in such good original shape. It's
simply dripping with history and I could really feel it as I drove it
though town. I must admit, I stopped traffic. I'm also lucky I didn't
get arrested. It's LOUD! If you are thinking about coming to the
Invasion and have not yet decided... Please make the effort to come.
We've worked very hard to gather some unique Rootes vehicles and I know
there will be many list people attending. This will be a good chance to
meet the guys on the other end of the line and have a face to match up
to the name. There will be good food, good prizes, and great people to
ensure a fun weekend for all in Tipp City, Ohio. See ya there ! - Ian