Water pump problem???

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump problem???
From: "Ed Esslinger" <eee1@snowhill.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 06:44:23 +0100
Hi list.   I'm having trouble getting water to flow through the heater core
on my series 4. There is nothing plugged up in the heater ,control valve or
hoses and no air is trapped. Should the hose from the heater outlet on the
water pump supply water up to the heater? I can disconnect it at the input
to the heater but no water comes out with the engine running.  No water
comes out from the block heater hose with it disconnected at  the control
valve either. Thanks for your help in advance.  Ed
Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers
Deep South Rep TE/AE