Re: Fine Spline Transmission

To: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Subject: Re: Fine Spline Transmission
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 01:00:54 +0100
HI Tom,

one difference which will cause you a problem is that the input shaft is
longer which sets the gearbox further back. That should put your
gearshift somewhere around the ash tray.

You can't change the input shaft with an earlier coarse spline as they
to are different. You may be able to fit a very late Alpine series 5
fine spline input shaft but I have never tried it.

The pressure plate should be the same, as you already know, the friction
plate needs to match the splines.

regards

Jeff

In message <3069138434wiencek@anl.gov>, Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>