vent grilles on front scuttle

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: vent grilles on front scuttle
From: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:52:25 +1000
I just noticed that the little grilles which cover the air vent holes
between the trailing edge of the bonnet (hood) and the base of the
windscreen on my Alpine are a bit too loose for comfort.

The grilles have a post either side which fits into a hole in a pair of
tongues coming out of the bodywork. I can't recall there ever being any
clips there before to hold them in.

Is this right? I'm sure I can come up with something to better secure them,
but wanted to check first there isn't a standard clip to go in there.

Russ Maddock

Sunbeams hit the Gold Coast in June 2001 - www.qld.sunbeam.org.au/national