Re: Get Carter

To: "Karl Gilchrist" <xtr25618701@xtra.co.nz>, <CMeinel464@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Get Carter
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:59:24 -0700
Karl Wrote:
> In Commando Arnie has a race with the Porsche smashing the Alpine into the
side
> of the Porsche repeatedly ( doing immense damage to the side of the
Porsche )
> before he drives the Alpine into a pole. Of course he (and his rather
tasty
> passenger) survives this, disposes of Sully (by "letting him go" over a
cliff)
> and drives off in the Porsche.  When he does this the Porsche is initially
parked
> with the damaged side away from the camera  but as he drives away the
camera
> angle is momentarily wrong giving a beautiful view of a perfectly
undamaged
> (surposingly smashed up) Porsche side. OOPS
>
> As you can see I've watched it a few times

Not to mention, that the Alpine is wrecked in similar fashion. In one scene,
the front bumper is hanging off, but in the next, it is back in place! And
in another scene, the Alpine is wrecked on the side, only to be slick  and
clean in another! Obviously, the movie went way over budget aquiring these
3-4 classic Sunbeams, so they had to cut back in other areas of the film to
break even, and the editing process was one of them. Had they used a car of
lesser value, say for example, a mercedes sports coupe, or an E-type Jag,
there would have been better overall continuity. Lou