Re: Colour of steel wheels

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Colour of steel wheels
From: "Paul Heuer" <p_heuer@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:51:04 +1030
I realise that the correct colour of the wheels has been nailed down now,
but here's a little twist for export markets.

I was talking with a chap who worked for the Rootes importer here in
Adelaide, South Australia. He told me that quite a few of the cars that came
to Australia had surface rust showing through the paint due to sea spray
exposure during the journey 'Down Under'. It was quite routine for the car
to be lightly sanded and repainted prior to delivery as a NEW car. Now, I
wonder what they would have done with rusty off-white wheels; a quick coat
of body-colour paint, or change paint to spray four wheels? Hmmmm, maybe
that's why the colour was called 'sea foam'!

Cheers,
Paul.
S3 ST

Want to win $10,000? Click to enter!!