Re: Gearshift boot (gaitor)

To: p_heuer@hotmail.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearshift boot (gaitor)
From: "Vladimir Broz" <a66beamer@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:48:29 -0500
Hi Paul.
Having just dropped the tranny on my SV, I found the dimensions to be quite
different than your S III.  The tunnel hole is 3 1/4".  My SV has two boots,
one that fills the TX hole, is 1" high and hidden by the other, normal
appearing boot, that has a 2 3/4" grommet (the size you need) which tucks
into my carpet hole very nicely. Appears that your boot is a SV and mine is
a S III.  Only 12,000 miles from Nirvana. Life with a 35 year old LBC is
always complex (sort of like my 35 year old marriage).

All the best in 2001! Vlad