NonAlpine: Race Fans

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: NonAlpine: Race Fans
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:12:39 +1100
Sorry to bomb the list with a non Alpine message but so many of you
folks around the world are into Racing I though I'd remind you that this
Sunday 19th is the annual 1000 km race at Bathurst in Australia.  55
cars (Sedans with 600+ bhp 5 litre V8s) will try to complete 161 laps of
the 6.2 km circuit at Mt Panorama.  Circuit is truly awesome - rises
(and falls) over 130 metres and has lots of courage-testing sections.
They tell us here it's TV broadcast all round the world so see if you
can't catch some of it.  Starts 10 AM Sydney time - about 11 pm Saturday
in UK,  6  pm Saturday in New York  and Midday Sunday in NZ.

Hope you can watch and enjoy

Vic Hughes