Pistons and con rods

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Pistons and con rods
From: ejmw7762@netscape.net
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:45:36 -0500
I dismantled my 1495 engine today to make sure everything was just so before
I put it back in the car and I found lots of bad things.

One of the rings on #4 had broken and seems to have scratched the bore
slightly.

Also there semes to be some discoloration in the bores which I guess is a
result of the car sitting with a blown headgasket.  Still very smooth however.

Also, there is evidence of blowby on the pistons.  Its not awful but it's
there.

And there is some metal transfer on the conrod bearings as well as some
slight wear on the crank itself.

My question is this: Should I decide to replace the pistons and rods can
anyone suggest a chevy equivalent?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

'62 serII