Tiger at Brighton Speed Trials

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger at Brighton Speed Trials
From: "MARTIN PESTER" <marden@mistral.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:54:41 -0000
I read with great interest the story posted a couple of days ago of the
European trip by a fellow lister. In particular his trip to the Brighton
Speed Trials whilst in England. My reason for the interest is I WAS THAT
TIGER WITH THE BROKEN THROTTLE LIKEAGE. Real bummer on the day, but still
good fun. We managed to bodge something together for the afternoon run and
ended up with a 14.54 sec 1/4 mile pass at 98m.p.h. terminal speed. My car
is an ex police Mk 2 Tiger with some simple mods (carb, inlet, headers etc.)
I am also an avid Tiger memorabilia collector and have so far managed to
list some 340 articles worldwide on Tigers. I do not have them all, ONLY 240
but I am still looking. Anybody got anything of interest?
marden@mistral.co.uk   Regards to you all, Martin Pester alias Tigermart