Another factory racing Alpine

To: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Another factory racing Alpine
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:00:59 -0700
It just dawned on me that I have a remote lead on another factory racing
Alpine for Steve's great web site.  I don't know which car, or any history.
All I know is that I was told by Steve Alcala that there was a documented
factory racing Alpine, with log book, that was for sale for ages and
ultimately went for something like $10,000.  He mentioned it once, maybe 4
years ago, as an example of how low demand was for Alpines.  I seem to
recall that the car might have been located in San Diego.
That's all I know.  Anyone else know anything of this car?  Steve, you
could call Steve Alcala and ask him.  Let me know if you need his number.

Jay