Alternator Question

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Question
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:15:41 -0700
I have my Mitsubishi alternator hooked up and running.  I've been driving
it to work.  My ammeter however, after it settles down from start up, reads
no less than 20 amps, and sometimes up near 27/28.  Nothing special is on.
No lights, no brakes, no turnsignals, no radio.  Just running along.  Just
prior to stopping the car to swap the headers and the alternator, it would
run at a tick over 0 on the ammeter.  The battery is pretty new and I don't
think the car really sat so long that it would get drained so badly.  Any
suggestions?

I don't have a voltmeter on it to check what it's doing.  However, I
suspect a bad voltage regulator only effects volts, not amps.  But, I am
only guessing from its name.

I wired it just like the Nissan/Hitachi one - and the shop said it was the
same.  The Nissan plastic T two pin fit exactly in.  I looped over the same
one S wire to the B terminal and ran the other wire to the dash light.  The
dash light is working.  And it is showing charge, just seems to me to be
too much.  So, I really don't think this is it.

Thanks.

Jay