RE: Stiff Shifting; Rear Gear box seal; Weird shift fork tunnel

To: robert nanzig <rnanzig@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Stiff Shifting; Rear Gear box seal; Weird shift fork tunnel
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:10:37 -0700
All,

Put a jack under the trans, remove the trans mounting bolts from the
x-member.

Carefully lower the jack till the rear of the trans is unobscured by the
chassis
X cross.  The engine and trans will pivot on the motor mounts.
Be carefull NOT to puncture your radiator with the fan, you may need to
remove
the fan and other bits fromt he engine to prevent clearance issues.

Pull the seal, replace, jack it back up, bolt it and your done.

Jarrid