SV: Engine Change + gearbox

To: "alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: Engine Change + gearbox
From: "G" <gratz@tystberga.mail.utfors.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:47:03 +0200
Hunter gearbox has a longer input shaft (primary shaft) and longer bellhousing
 so the gearbox will be some inch back and canted 10 degrees.
How can we find use of all our Hunter type gearboxes. I have three of them
complete with overdrive and my Sunbeam and Hillmans would need them.
It is just a matter of replacing the Hunter primary shaft with the shorter type
primary shaft. Its just one obstacle. The primary shaft gearwheel have fit the
first gearwheel on the layshaft cluster.  (Maybe there are more obstacles too?)
Have anyone tried this??

Or are there room in the transmission tunnel for  the Hunter bellhousing  and
gearbox with overdrive. The gearstick will be canted sideways but maybe it will
look "chic"

Kristian Jonsson