Re: Fw: recommended fluids

To: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: recommended fluids
From: Alex & Peggy McGregor <apmcgregor@home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 01:12:17 -0600
I'm not sure of Colorado temperatures.  Here in the frozen north pure
anti-freeze will gel at about -45.  Result is similar to freezing except
it won't crack blocks, just no flow so your engine overheats.  But then
no one in their right minds drives anything British at that
temperature.   Even I haven't done it for going in 30 years. Acutally
the recommended mix for any car at those temperatures seldom exceeds the
50/50 that we run in most cars.