Re: Starter not engaging

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter not engaging
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 05:35:44 -0700 (PDT)
It is only 2 bolts and 1 wire to disconeect the
starter.  To remove it, I had to disconnect the
exhaust. Not much more than 20 minutes though.I never
did get the starter all the way out of the car.
Eventually I gave in and worked on it, with it wedged
under the exhaust manifold and above the clutch slave
cylinder.  Now This I cleaned up the Bendix and gave
it a little lube, it works like a champ.

Thanks!!!

Chris
--- "T.J. Higgins" <tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com>
wrote:

> It's very easy to remove the starter on an Alpine,
> basically 2 bolts
> and 1 wire.  Takes about 20 minutes.  You can remove
> the starter, lube
> the Bendix, and replace the starter all in an hour.
>
> Good luck,
> --
> T.J. Higgins
> tjhiggin@ingr.com