[6pack] Andy Packard's oil pressure problem

To: fszek <fszek@aol.com>
Subject: [6pack] Andy Packard's oil pressure problem
From: Andrew Packard <apackard68@att.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:43:59 -0700
Cc: 6 Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Hello everyone.
Now that Triumphest/VTR is behind us, I can update the group on my problem.
The biggest issue found with my car was that the water pump studs had backed
into the housing, blocking the channels of water flow to the head.  The holes
are small and the studs created quite a bit of restriction to the flow.  The
temp differences of the head vs block have been remedied.  Unfortunately, I
had leaks at my exhaust header/manifold gasket.  With the aftermarket intake
manifold for my Webers and the aftermarket header, the footballs were tilted,
not applying equal pressure on the two pieces due to variances in flange
thickness.  I replaced the gasket with a Moss HD one and had the footballs
ground down on one side in order to distribute the pressure more evenly.  The
car is almost back together so I will update later.
I also had vacuum issue with hose routing that restricted my brake pressure
that was remedied.  Not sure if that impacted the head heating issue, but it
has been corrected.

Andy
CD6746L