Re: [6pack] DOT 5 leads to hydraulic component failures

To: "Robert Perry" <rgperry@earthlink.net>, "Jerry Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] DOT 5 leads to hydraulic component failures
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:20:51 -0600
I have driven British cars for 35 years, Triumphs, Healeys, MGs.  Although I
did not keep records of how often I had to rebuild or replace leaky slave
and master cylinders, it was a fairly regular occurrence.  The last two cars
I have had, last 12 years or so, I have used silicone fluid, although I
can't say for sure going that far back, I don't think I have had a leaky
cylinder since I started using the silicone, if I have it has been many many
years.  Others experience may differ (obviously), but I am sold on the
stuff.

Greg Lemon