Re: [6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?

To: "'Bob Danielson'" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>, "'Mitch'"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Electric cooling fan: pusher or puller?
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:52:32 -0500
Thank you for the compliment Bob.

Since Bob made the clarification, I'll add this:  the temp sensor that I use
has a built in temp adjustment.  In other words, you can dial in when it is
that you want the fan to kick in.  This will also serve the purpose that Bob
mentions about not wanting the fan to run when you are working under the
hood.  Or, I guess another way to accomplish that would be to take the relay
apart and that way the thing would not come on regardless.  However you
would have to use a two part relay like the ones I have on my car.  They
have a base that is fixed and has all the wires on it and the relay that
clips on the top of that.

Also, for some ideas on fan controllers take a look:
http://www.streetperformance.com/part/painless-wiring/fan-controller/516462-
30104.html

Mine is not exactly that one, but it is close.  The idea though is the same
- you can even see the knob for the temp adjuster.

But...  I degress; this is a thread on fans not controllers.  Sorry for
hijacking the thread.

Joe