Re: [6pack] pdwa

To: Brent <bregal@wi.rr.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] pdwa
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:43:11 -0700
        Brent:

        Yank it out and go to the hardware store. The orings are a standard
size, but I could not tell you what the size is off hand.
        Be aware that some PDWAs use the cup seals, and they are not
rebuildable to the best of my knowledge. But the later ones, including the 74
are rebuildable. Caution: the orings need to be sized for a FIRM resistance to
movement on the piston. It is possible to get the orings sized down by one
size, and the piston will be a light press fit. This is too loose and will
eventually leak. When lubed with fluid, a firm pressure should be required to
move the piston. If in doubt, get both sizes of orings and try them at home.
They are very cheap and throwing away one set will cost you about $1.50. Use
the original orings as a guide, but realize that they can become deformed over
time and so may appear a tiny bit smaller than what you really need.

        Vance

      Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast