Re: [6pack] Soft top window cleaner

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Soft top window cleaner
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:30:21 -0400
Hey all!

Since this morning, when I first posted the question about how to clear
the cloudiness/haze
off my soft top windows, most of you applauded the quality of the Novus
1 and 2 products
(there's even a Novus 3 for serious plastic scratch issues). I checked
with all the local auto
shops and no one I contacted had Novus. I certainly found Novus online
but, by the time I
paid for shipping and waited a week, I'd be drumming my fingers waiting
for the mailman.

So, I bought what I could find locally. I have personally always had
good luck with Meguiars
products and so bought their Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Cleaner and
their Clear Plastic Polish
(http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+M1708&;.)  from
my local
NAPA store. I first used the cleaner and it was like magic! Instant
clear, film/haze is gone!
The polish was just the cherry on the sundae and they now look great! I
am VERY glad the
Windex I had used on a test of a small area left no damage! As several
people have told
me, NEVER use ammonia based products on the plastic soft top windows.
I'll remember!!

I'm glad this one worked out so well.... I just wanted to be sure to
post the results and thank
everyone who wrote, for their responses.

Cheers!

Dave
74-Six