Re: [6pack] Miata seat bracket

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com, Henri Lefebvre <75teer6@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Miata seat bracket
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:28:55 -0700 (PDT)
Joe
When I was installing my Miata seats I was at the same place as you.
 My
solution was to take a 1/4" x 2" flat bar weld a 5/8" or 3/4" nut to the bar
and that add a washer to the top and bottom of the stock Miata bracket which
was bent according to Nelson's instrucrtions. After all the measurements were
taken the bars were bolted to the stock holes and the seats to nuts. This gave
just enough clearance for the seats to slide with out any modification to
them.
Sorry I don't have pictures. I am 6' 1"and have no problem seeing and
have a Roll Bar that limits about 1.5" of further back travel.
Dale

-----