Re: [6pack] Oil leak around blanking plate

To: stan.foster@hp.com (Foster, Stan)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Oil leak around blanking plate
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:27:21 -0700
John and Stan---I used the standard paper gasket to make a template from
a piece of 1/8 inch steel plate. Using the paper gasket allowed some oil
seepage, so I then made one from cork, added some WellSeal, and t's been
leak-free since.

Note that if you take out the two studs, that the end with the short
threads goes into the block. You may also need to cut more threads, or
add washers to keep from bottoming out the nuts on the stud shanks.

Dick

E-mail message

Sender: 6pack-bounces+tr6taylor=webtv.net@autox.team.net From:
stan.foster@hp.com(Foster, Stan) Date: Tue, Apr 22, 2008, 11:16pm
(PDT+7) To: jrhauser@sea-dog.net, 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Re:
[6pack] Oil leak around blanking plate
Hi John, does the standard fuel pump gasket not work well with these
plates ?. I ask as I am about to fit one myself. I just ordered it from
Richard at Goodparts
http://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?productID=351
http://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?productID=352
I was hoping a normal gasket with some hylomar would take care of it..
Stan
Anyone have some good ideas on how I can make a good seal around the
blanking plate that was installed where my former mechanical fuel pump
was?   I've got about 1500 miles on newly restored, tight engine and
have sprung a leak.
I've located someone who has better quality/thicker blanking plates, but
is out of stock.
Thoughts on a good seal until I can get a thicker plate?
Thanks in advance!
John

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
6pack@autox.team.net