Re: [6pack] 02 sensor locations

To: "'Triumph 6 Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] 02 sensor locations
From: "Calvin Allen" <callen@molycop.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:18:20 -0700
Hi Guys
Photos will be coming once I finish a few other jobs around the house.  I
used the same injector plates as you Bob, however everything else was geared
towards using the Megasquirt ECM.  The fuel pump is mounted on the frame
just like yours,  The sensors are all GM style just like yours.  I choose to
use Megasquirt as an ecm based only on low cost and ecm functions.  I like
that I can make live changes to the Fuel table as I drive with a laptop and
a simple save is all that is required burn the change to the ecm.  The
Megasquirt has many people working on upgrades as it is an open source code.
The down side of the system is that I had to work out the fuel table from
scratch.  I followed the setup procedures and it came together fairly fast.
Once the cars starts the rest of the tuning is straight forward.  The cost
for the conversion to TBI using Megarsquirt was cheaper then the ready made
GM ecm and is well matched to the TR6 engine. I have one driving season on
the setup and am just putting a higher compression engine into the car this
last few weeks.  The engine that was in the car was tired, the new one
should fun to drive (9.0:1 Compression).  In either event, photos on a
website should follow in a few weeks to a month.

Calvin