[6pack] Engine Build

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Engine Build
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the planning stages of my engine build and have a few questions.  first
of all, here's what I intend to do so far:

*  Shave head to bring compression to 9:1, port and polish
*  Zero-deck the block (remove recesses in block and user earlier head gasket)
*  bore block for cam bearings
*  lighten and balance rotating parts
*  TR 5 camshaft
*  Goodparts 1.65:1 roller rockers
*  Megasquirt contolling multi-port injection
  (hope to get a set of PI plenums, else fab my own) and EDIS ignition system
*  Lighten flywheel
*  Alternator conversion
*  High-torque starter

First question:  This will be a street engine, does anyone see anything I
should do differently from above?

Second question:  The engine I have came without a distributor (hence the EDIS)
so is there anything special I need to do about the oil pump/distributor drive
other than fabricate a plate for the distributor mounting hole?

Thanks in advance,
Raymond L. Hatfield

Access, No Cost.