Re: [6pack] new transmission ideas

To: <j.honor@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] new transmission ideas
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:47:50 -0700
        J.:

        A bit of data to consider. A TR6 with an overdrive is worth
$1000 more than the same TR6 w/o overdrive. A TR6 with a five speed gets
no resale premium best I can tell.
        I added the OD to my car for about $500 plus my labor. I don't
think you can do it that cheaply anymore, but a SWAG would be $750 if
you supplied the labor and added a Volvo sourced OD to your existing TR6
tranny. Probably a better deal overall, but not as slick as the 5 speed.

        Also, you can lighten your existing flywheel while you are
adding an OD. I don't know what a TR6 lightened flywheel costs new, but
I got mine lightened for $90.

        Cheers,

        Vance