Re: [6pack] Hardtop

To: red_tr250@yahoo.com, jzagami@si.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Hardtop
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:13:56 EDT
In a message dated 3/14/2008 12:01:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
red_tr250@yahoo.com writes:

While I  do not own a factory hard top, I do know that
there was a "special" hood  cover when the car was
fitted with a factory hardtop.  This would  allow the
person to leave the soft hood installed when fitted
with the  hardtop.

Cheers,

Todd

--- joseph zagami  <jzagami@si.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>     I am just completing the resto  for
> my factory hardtop.
> Vance's article helped with the  headliner and I have
> some tips to offer at a
> future posting.  Now to the question: The old
> headliner had 7 studs riveted
> to  the rear shelf lining and one on the bottom of
> each b pillar post. The
> factory top kit manual also mention these fittings
> as well as  a "soft-top
> cover" in various colors.  My boot cover does  not
> fit these spacings. My
> guess is the mystery soft-top  cover is the link here
> with the hardtop
> somehow being fitted  over the folded ragtop still in
> place on the car. No
>  publication has any picture of the "soft-top cover".
> Anyone have info  on the
> studs?
>            Regards,
>                   JZ  71TR6  original owner
> GOD BLESS AMERICA

http://www.team.net/archive

You  are subscribed as _vsnively@aol.com_ (mailto:vsnively@aol.com)

JZ,

  I concur with Todd's statement. I have a hardtop (although in the 9  years
I've owned it, it's never been on the car) and the special  boot. I never
understood why my boot was different from others until a  very knowledgeable
soul
explained it to me at a local British car show. He also  pointed out that
hardtop models did not have the windscreen capping plugs (TRF  catalog, green
#2,
page 373, items FG30 and 31).
  What specifics do you need ? I will try to help. The car,  boot, and
hardtop are easily accessed.

Regards,
Vic Snively
'75 TR6  w/AC