Re: [6pack] Hardtop

To: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@yahoo.com>, "joseph zagami"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Hardtop
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:03:21 -0000
ISTR that earlier TR6's (for the UK market and ROW markets) used the normal
soft top cover. What
happend post-1972 after I left BL I don't know. I also STR the method of
securing the factory
hardtop required the use of the two large bolt holes on the rear deck which
normally secured the
soft top rear stiffener. Consequently, with the hardtop in place, all you had
to do was wrap the
normal soft top cover around the folded top. Of course, a better way was to
remove the soft top
complete and take advantage of the increased space behind the seats. On my TR6
I made a lightweight
wooden box with a lifting lid that went behind the seats for more secure
oddments storage.

Jonmac