Re: [6pack] Alternate Seats for TR6 question

To: Tony Gordon <triumph@2simpleusa.com>, TR list
Subject: Re: [6pack] Alternate Seats for TR6 question
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:56:55 +0000
The Miata seats do fit well although some brackets need to be purchased or
fabricated to allow them to mount via the standard TR6 mounting holes. They
are very comfortable and with modification the headrest speakers are very
effective.

An example of the brackets (these are adapted from the How To Improve Your TR6
book) and the rail conversion is here:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/TR6/Miata%20Seat%20Conversio
n/

This is what the seats look like when they are installed. These are mid 90's
Miata seats in black fabric.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/Panasports/DSCN1705.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/Panasports/DSCN1703.jpg

And some close up images:

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/foster461/TR6/JCW%20Armrest/

Some or all of the URL's above may wrap.

Stan