Re: [6pack] TR6 Flywheel Bolts - ARP

To: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Flywheel Bolts - ARP
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:05:40 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Bruce Simms wrote:

> I used ARP flywheel bolts.  They came with lockwashers, special thread
> dressing compound and specific tightening/torqueing instructions.

Ummm, I don't think that setup uses a lockwasher. The ones I got had 12 pt
bolts that had a pronounced radius in the transition from the bolt body to
the head. This required a chamfered washer which was available for another
$1 or $2 each.

> Torque setting was different from the factory manual.  Probably overkill
> for my mildly modified engine, but some peace of mind and, you could
> tell this was special hardware.  Fun to see and use.

Depending on when you did this mod, it might have been the only reliable
option... but I use ARP too on the race car. Nice hardware. And not really
overkill.

> Bruce Simms
> 73 TR6

Regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489