Re: [6pack] Clutch M/C Impact

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org (Bob Danielson)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch M/C Impact
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:43:28 -0800
Bob---There is no reason why the .75 CMC wouldn't work with the
hydraulic t/o bearing and the 5 speed. We know that the (heavier
feel).75 bore pushes more fluid down the pipe, but this is not needed
with the hydraulic t/o. In fact, if one had a mind to, an even smaller
than the .70 bore would be nice. This would mean finding a CMC with such
a bore, and piping it in.

The hydraulic clutch setup only uses a partial clutch pedal depression
to release the clutch, and this is why there is a "pedal stop bolt" with
Herman's kit. A CMC with a smaller bore would mean a lighter clutch
feel, and with plenty of pedal to activate the clutch, this might be
welcome for some owner/drivers.

I find that the .70 bore with the hydraulic clutch has a slightly
lighter feel than when the stock linkage was used to activate the
clutch. Less pedal drag from eliminating all of the linkage friction
would be my guess as to why that it.

Dick

Sender:
Bob D. wrote:

When I drained my clutch M/C and looked inside there was dark gray/black
gunk inside. That can't be good, so I may install a new clutch M/C with
the Toyota 5 speed installation and wonder if the early TR6 clutch M/C
with a .75 bore is compatible with the later cars that had a .70 bore?
And what would the impact be on clutch feel which will now have an
hydraulic throw out bearing?

Would it make it feel lighter or heavier?

 And I'll also check with Herman in case it impacts the tranny install.
Thanks
Bob
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U