Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel

To: "'JODY A MORRISON'" <lajomor05@msn.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:47:17 -0500
ON my TR6, I did exactly what you are talking about.  Mine is made from an
aluminium sheet.  The edges were offset so they would tuck inside the inner
top lip of the body.  Two holes were drilled on the uprights on the back and
threaded.  Then two bolts hold the panel in place.  Since the top side was
recessed inside the top of the body, there was still room to properly fit
the carboard based original panel.  So, essentially I have two panels:  the
aluminium and the cardboard panel with the nice vinyl on it.

Since the aluminium panel would have a tendency to rattle, I covered it up
with Dynamat Extreme, and this has worked flawlessly.  The benefit is a
little stronger backing behind the cardboard backing and it is a little
stronger.  I am very pleased with the result.

Joe
'72 TR6 - CC77169
http://www.bowtie6.com/