Re: [6pack] Weber DGV Carbs

To: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Weber DGV Carbs
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:50:06 -0800 (PST)
Bob,

  All I know is what this guy said.  If it works for you, the heck with what
everyone else thinks.  I'm still going with the stock fuel pump on the 71.  The
DPO who put the  pump on just screwed it to the back of the wheel well in the
trunk without any rubber washers and the thing echos throughout the car when
the key is turned on.  Come to think of it I didn't look at the name on the
pump myself, I just assumed that the guy who made the comment recognized it
since he is the one who said it was a facet pump.

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR6 TBI with a Bosch electric fuel pump

Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu> wrote:
  Hi,

Regarding the DGVs - NEVERMIND.

Regarding the comment on the Facet pump, tell us more. I've been using a
Facet "solid state" electric fuel pump for a long time (10+years) and it
works fine. The only problem I ever had was due to a blown fuse. Actually,
it wasn't even blown, it was cracked and provided an intermittent
connection.

But that pump works fine for either DCOE's or ZS 175's, even with 160 HP
or so. I'm talking about the one that gives 3 psi...

In the case of the former owner having probs, I'd verify that proper fuel
flow is getting to the carbs. If I was to guess what's going on, I'd guess
that the outlet from the fuel tank is blocked or something "dumb" like
that.

The fuel is the easy part of the system.

Now, that electrical stuff... that's complercated.

rml
Bob Lang NER/SCCA | This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008 TR6 40 F Prepared | Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568 FAX: 617-258-9535 | Cell: 339-927-4489